Exams have a way of making us nervous. However, the trick to reduce this nervousness lies in preparing well for them. If you are worried about preparing for the AZ-900 exam, you are in the right place. In this blog, we have discussed how you can make the most out of your AZ-900 preparation.
But first, let us discuss the details of the certification.
What is AZ-900 certification?
People looking to become Azure certified typically begin with AZ-900 certification. Az 900 is a fundamental level certification. It is suitable for people with no knowledge of clouds. This certification also enables people to pursue other advanced-level certifications. The certification validates your knowledge of Azure fundamentals and cloud concepts.
Who can get AZ-900 certification?
The AZ-900 certification is beneficial for the following people.
- People involved in buying and selling cloud services.
- People looking to validate their knowledge in fundamentals of cloud computing and Azure.
- People who want to work with Azure and would like to begin their journey.
- People who want to pursue advanced-level certifications. However, AZ-900 is not a prerequisite for any advanced certifications.
Before beginning the preparation for the exam, let us go over the course.
Describe cloud concepts – 25-30%
- Describe cloud computing
- Describe the benefits of using cloud services
- Describe cloud service types
Describe Azure architecture and services – 35-40%
- Describe the core architectural components of Azure
- Describe Azure compute and networking services
- Describe Azure storage services
- Describe Azure identity, access, and security
Describe Azure management and governance – 30-35%
- Describe cost management in Azure
- Describe features and tools in Azure for governance and compliance
- Describe features and tools for managing and deploying Azure resources
- Describe monitoring tools in Azure
The exam will have 40-60 questions and most of the questions will be in MCQ format. The exam duration will be 85 minutes. Other types of questions include case studies, build lists, drag and drop, and repeated answer options. There is no negative marking in the exam.
Registration fees: In India, the registration fee is INR 3696.
Passing score: You must get a score of 700 out of 1000 to pass the exam.
Cancelation and rescheduling policy: You can reschedule your exam at least 24 hours before it. If you do it any later, your fee will be forfeited.
Prepare for the AZ-900 exam
AZ-900 is a foundational level exam. However, that doesn’t mean it is easy to crack it. That is why we have prepared this guide to help you prepare for it.
This Online Azure training or AZ-900 training is one of the most convenient ways of preparing for this exam. These training sessions are easily available and are inexpensive. Most of the reputed training centers provide their study material, interactive labs, and practice tests while covering the syllabus provided by Microsoft. Since the training is video training, it also enables you to learn and remember better.
Reading material, such as books, white papers, analyst reports, and ebooks are essential to good preparation. Spend some time going through the different reading material available. Books like Microsoft Azure for Beginners by Adney Ainsley and Microsoft Azure for Beginners by Dennis Hutten are well-known in the industry. Also, remember to stay updated with the latest developments in Azure software.
It is always essential to take practice tests before sitting for the actual one. Practice tests help you understand your readiness for the exam, reduce your nervousness, and give you an experience of how the original exam would look like. Online Azure training also provides practice tests to help you prepare better for the exam.
Use Microsoft Learn
Microsoft Learn contains free learning paths and modules for all Microsoft certifications. Since this is the official content provided by Microsoft, remember to carefully study it. You can also take the instructor-led training provided by Microsoft.
Tips for smooth AZ 900 preparation
- Before beginning your studies, go through the course overview and make a timetable. Determine how much time you need to finish the course.
- Use the official content provided by Microsoft, including videos and study material.
- Take online Azure training to learn better. This will also help you solve any doubts you may have about the course.
- Use the practice tests to evaluate your weaknesses and strengths. Revise the syllabus accordingly.
- Do not do the practice tests at the last moment. Rather, make sure there’s some time between the final exam and the date when you are taking the practice test.
- Lastly, remember to stay calm and attempt as many questions as you can.
We hope you find this guide useful while preparing for the AZ-900. Consider taking Azure training online. These training are created keeping the professionals in mind and contain all the resources you need to clear the exam in one go.