Lexan polycarbonate is a strong and adaptable material that is quite well known for its usage in various fields . It is a kind of thermoplastic polymer, that can withstand high temperatures while maintaining its clarity and impact against resistance. Lexan polycarbonate finds employability in different contexts, starting from automobile components to building supplies, electrical gadgetry and many others. Hence, if you want to know more about Lexan polycarbonate and all its benefits, then this article might be the one for you.
What do you mean by Lexan Polycarbonate?
Lexan Polycarbonate is a special thermoplastic polymer that possesses exceptional durability and toughness within itself. Moreover, this material is also popular for having great transparency, low weight, and electrical insulation in it. Furthermore, due to its versality you can easily mould Lexan polycarbonate into variety of forms.
Benefits of Lexan Polycarbonate
When compared to more traditional materials like glass or acrylic, Lexan polycarbonate has several benefits of its own, which we have tried to summarized in the points mentioned below: –
- Because of its great impact resistance, Lexan polycarbonate is often used in situations where durability under stress is essential. When compared to more common materials like glass and acrylic, it is far more durable and resistant to fracture when subjected to force.
- Lexan polycarbonate has an excellent transparency rating, due to which 90% of the light that falls on it gets passed through. Due to this reason, Lexan polycarbonate automatically becomes an ideal choice for those who are looking for a material that has high degree of transparency in them.
- Lexan polycarbonate weighs way less than glass due to its lightweight nature of the material. Because of this feature, it becomes quite easier to move the material from one place to another with any hassle whatsoever. .
- Lexan polycarbonate is resistant to melting and deforming even at very high temperatures. It can withstand temperatures up to 135 degrees Celsius without experiencing any degree of heat distortion.
- Because of its great resistance to ultraviolet radiation, Lexan polycarbonate can easily be used in outdoor settings where other materials would quickly fade or form a yellow appearance due to being exposed to sunlight for an extended period.
Various uses of Lexan polycarbonate
- In automobile industries, Lexan polycarbonate can be for manufacturing headlamp lenses, instrument panels, side mirrors and lots of other things. Due to its exceptional clarity and durability against impact, Lexan polycarbonate easily becomes an ideal choice in automobile industries.
- Lexan polycarbonate is widely utilized as a component of several building components, including skylights, roofing, and safety glass. Again, its strong impact resistance, UV resistance, and transparency makes it an ideal material for use in such situation.
- Lexan polycarbonate is used for a wide variety of electrical components, including switchgear parts, control panels, and circuit breakers. Because of its strong heat resistance and good electrical insulating qualities, it is a great fit for these uses.
- Lexan polycarbonate is utilised in many common consumer items, including glasses, water bottles, and cell phone covers. With its strong impact resistance and clarity, it is a great material for use in these situations.
Applications of Lexan polycarbonate
Lexan polycarbonate has gained the most popularity as a building material because of its strength, durability, and adaptability. That is why, we have mentioned some its applications are put to use in various sectors or industries effectively.
- Noise Abatement Measures
Making a sound barrier out of Lexan polycarbonate is yet another option from all the choices that are available. In terms of soundproofing, it is an excellent material because of how well it absorbs sound waves hitting on it. Urban areas, roads, and airports may all benefit from the installation of noise barriers, which serve to muffle the ambient noise level.
- Alternate Applications
Lexan polycarbonate has several applications outside of the building and architectural industries. It’s used in all developing sorts of items, from glasses to computers to medical tools doesn’t hold that much of interested. In the car sector, it is utilized for things like headlamp lenses.
The uses of Lexan polycarbonate are quite significant in number due to flexibility and long-lasting features that are said to be present in them. Moreover, the construction and architectural sectors benefit mostly from them due to its strong impact resistance, weather resistance, and sound-absorbing qualities. Additionally, it even finds applications for a wide range of fields and goods favorably.