Our bodies’ strength and stability come from the spine. Additionally, the spinal cord is protected by the vertebrae (bones) of the spine. Spine surgery is typically the final resort for pain relief when no other non-surgical therapy is effective or helpful.
Although they may provide temporary comfort, physical therapy and anti-inflammatory drugs may not be a long-term fix.
- Spinal Malformation
- infection of the spine
- Back tumours
- Stenosis and disc herniation are examples of degenerative conditions of the spine.
In order to remove bone spurs and thicker ligaments that are pushing on or obstructing the low back nerves, the surgeon makes an incision on the back of the spine. For the greatest results, only a spine surgery team with extensive expertise may be responsible.
Spine Surgery Success in India
Spine surgeons in India use the most cutting-edge ultimate solutions to cure your back problem. In India, the success rate of spine surgery is between 80% and 90%, depending on the treatment approach used for spinal problems. According to the research, India has had higher success treating patients throughout the world because of its advanced usage of robotics and competent medical workers who employ laser technology to decrease the amount of stitches and cuts.
Furthermore, the success rate of spine procedures in India is affected by a variety of factors, including:
- the patient’s health.
- the amenities offered for their care.
- What kind of sleep do they get?
- the prescriptions recommended and consumed.
- how precise high-tech processes are.
Spine surgery centres in India treat a wide range of spinal disorders, including foraminotomy, lumbar spinal fusion, discectomy, vertebroplasty, endoscopic spine surgery, and spinal disc replacement. The Spine surgery success rates in India range from 70% to 90% for patients with moderate to severe spinal problems.
Spine Surgery Procedures
- kyphoplasty with vertebroplasty
- Laminectomy of the spine Laminectomy and spinal decompression
- Cervical and lumbar discectomy
- Artificial disc replacement Spinal fusion
Reasons to Have Your Spine Surgery Done in India
In India, orthopaedic and spine treatments are quite popular medical tourism destinations. People from all over the world flock to India to obtain treatment at the best spine surgery facilities.
The intricate nature of spine surgery demands the use of cutting-edge surgical technology. Spine hospitals in India are outfitted with cutting-edge technology and state-of-the-art facilities. These hospitals are multi-specialty healthcare facilities that offer comprehensive spine treatment as well as rehabilitation services to patients.
Aside from general Orthopaedics, spine hospitals in India have special faculty for the following sections:
- Spinal surgery to treat spinal injuries
- Replacement of a joint
- Orthopaedics in children
- Athletic medicine
- Oncology of the musculoskeletal system
- Surgery on the wrist
- Complex trauma treatment
The department of orthopaedic surgery provides integrated and comprehensive treatment for spine problems, making spine hospitals in India the best option for patients worldwide. They received their medical training and clinical experience at the premier medical colleges in India and abroad.
India provides spine surgery at a far lower cost than many other countries, notably the Western world. Patients can obtain therapy for far less money and just as good clinical care at India’s leading spine hospital.
A spine operation costs between $ 1,500 to $ 7,710 in India, but between $ 1,000,000 and $ 1,50,000 in the United States.
The best spine surgery centres in India have a separate section that controls services for international patients. Patients who travel from other countries have access to a wide range of services and specialised treatment.
In India, the success rate of various spinal procedures varies.
includes removing a portion of the spinal column’s disc between vertebrae. A common reason for spine surgery is a herniated disc that hinders the spine from working properly. In India, around 85% of discectomy spine procedures are successful.
In India, the success rate of foraminotomy spinal surgery is between 70% and 75%. Spine surgeons use this method to relieve pressure on the nerve. They will remove a portion of bone and other tissues that are compressing the nerves in the spinal column.
Fusion of the Spine –
Spinal fusion is the most often utilised treatment for the pain and strain on the spinal cord caused by degenerative disc degeneration. Spinal fusion can also be used to treat conditions such as spinal stenosis, spondylosis, spondylolisthesis, spinal fracture, scoliosis, and kyphosis. Spine fusion alters the natural movement of the spine and restores its functioning. This type of spine surgery has an 80% success rate in India.
Spinal Disc Replacement-
A novel spinal treatment in which spine surgeons address certain forms of back pain in order to avoid the complications associated with spine fusion surgery. Because this is a new procedure, the success rate is also low.
Lumbar laminectomy is a surgical procedure used to alleviate leg pain caused by a herniated disc, spinal stenosis, and other problems. It is performed by highly skilled and trained spine experts. Spine surgeons often perform a lumbar laminectomy to relieve pressure on the spinal cord or spinal nerve by expanding the spinal canal. Spine surgeons use this procedure to provide extra room for the nerves by removing the vertebral lamina. In India, 75% to 80% of Lumbar Laminectomy surgeries are performed.
Following spine surgery, the body requires meticulous attention. You must accomplish a few post-operative care activities in order to fully recover.
- Recovery from a diskectomy is usually quick.
- After a discectomy or foraminotomy, patients may experience pain, numbness, or weakness along the path of the compressed nerve. These symptoms should go away in a few weeks.
- Laminectomy and fusion procedures necessitate a longer recovery period. Patients will not be able to resume where they left off as quickly. Bones do not heal adequately for at least 3 to 4 months after surgery, and recovery can take up to a year.
- Depending on your surgeon, you may resume having relationships at a later time.
- The severity of your ailment before surgery also affects how long it takes people to recover.
- Some of the routines will need to change. Try to limit the sitting time to no more than 20 or 30 minutes at a time. Sleep in any position that does not cause back pain. When you may continue having relations will depend on your surgeon.