Why do negative articles rank highly on Google?
Remove Negative Articles from Google: It takes years for people and businesses to establish a strong reputation. But it only takes a single bad news story posted online for everything to fall apart. There is a good chance that damaging information about you will appear on the first page of search results. When it is posted online. If a negative news story ranks above other web properties that have been around for years. You might be asking why this is happening.
Hits: In 2023, the number of hits a specific link receives over time will be the top search ranking factor. In general, a link will rank higher in search results in the more clicks it receives. The bad news story will appear higher in search results when people search for your name or company. Since they are much more likely to click it (than your website or LinkedIn profile).
Every website on the Internet has a certain level of “trust” or “domain authority,” according to Google. The higher a site ranks in search results, the higher its domain authority is. Negative news items can quickly rise to the top of search results since Google places. A lot of faith in most news-related websites.
“Virality”/Links: It frequently happens that a bad news report will become “viral” owing to social sharing websites and other blogs, forums, etc., reposting the piece. When other websites link to the original unfavorable article. Google receives a signal that the content must be valuable to users and appear higher in search results.
Options For Removing Negative Articles:
There are three techniques to remove negative articles from Google. If you are now dealing with a negative news story that is highly ranked on Google:
Complete Removal: The relevant link will also be deleted from search results. If a news or website’s editor or administrator agrees to remove the article. The best case scenario and the first course of action we consider while assisting our clients.
De-Indexing: De-indexing means removing the link to a negative news piece from search engine rankings. The lousy news article’s biggest problem isn’t simply that it exists; it’s pretty easy to find in search results. Most of the time, de-indexing the link to the critical article is just as effective as outright removal.
Redaction: Remove negative articles from Google A news outlet might, under exceptional circumstances. Agree to redact (omit) your name from a wrong news item. It is more likely to occur when you are not the article’s main subject. If you were the victim of a crime and the news piece detailing the incident appears frequently in searches for your name. If your name is deleted from a news item, the link to the article will eventually disappear from search results.
Ways To Remove Negative Articles:
Remove negative articles from Google: Although it is improbable, there is always a remote chance that news websites will take a story down from their website. Coming up with a proper removal strategy is crucial because news sites, editors, and journalists are used to receiving requests to have harmful and embarrassing stories removed.
Before attempting to remove a news article, take into account the following:
- If there are numerous lousy news items, keep track of each URL and where it appears in the search engine results. Organizing and prioritizing your removal efforts will be much easier with this.
- If you are only aware of one unfavorable news story, Google the article’s title to be sure it has yet to be reposted on other websites.
- Please find out how to contact the website(s) that host the story and the journalist who wrote it.
You can write a message on most news websites on the “Contact” page.
- Most journalists will give you a way to contact them (through email, Twitter, etc.).
- If there isn’t a way to get in touch with them, search for their name on Google to see if you can find any social media sites (like Linkedin) where you can do so.
Never use threats when contacting an editor or journalist; doing so will significantly reduce your chances of having the news piece removed and may even exacerbate the issue.
Use this to your advantage if you’re trying to remove negative articles from Google. In the past, older/outdated news pieces have been more likely to be taken down by news websites than more recent ones.
A Negative Article Can Be Suppressed Using A Variety Of Methods, Such As:
- creating and maintaining active high-ranking web 2.0 accounts
- starting a blog for oneself or a business, writing excellent, optimized material, and distributing press releases on prominent websites
- They publish more media formats like podcasts, videos, and interviews.
- optimizing existing material, such as your LinkedIn profile
- the process of posting as a guest on reliable third-party websites
- The most crucial thing to remember while responding to a bad news story found online is to plan and
- use common sense. When you read a bad article about you or your company, feeling a rush of rage and anxiety can be simple. Instead, direct that focus toward developing a plan to eliminate or silence it.
It’s crucial to emphasize that you often have chances to remove negative articles from Google. Please contact Dignified online for a free consultation if you’re unsure of the best course of action and want one of their specialists to try to remove articles on your behalf.
For Further Info: Click Here